Skip to main content

Counting down.

Not long till I head off back to Kansas City now. It is starting to sink in. I’ve had friends visiting till yesterday, and so it’s seemed quite far off. But now I realize that it is less than a week till I again bring my packed bags to the airport and yet again relocate for a time. Don’t get me wrong, I am very excited about all that this new chapter entails, it’s just the process of change I find a bit unsettling, which isn’t really surprising seeing as I am un-settling from here and settling in a new place.

I was writing a list of the things I need to get done. The problem with my lists is that although they are good to have, having written something down doesn’t mean I get round to doing it quicker. It’s there, and it will get done, but I tend to get distracted by other things that pop up along the way which probably didn’t need doing at all, but which I end up doing first (I was going to write instead, but that wouldn’t be accurate). So the list is written, or at least started. I was translating my newsletter yesterday and getting it ready for send-out (another item on my list), maybe I’ll tick that item off today.

It feels good to be going, but also daunting, and although I feel a real peace, I am a bit curious of how it’ll be. I try to not to have many expectations, but we all know that even if you think you don’t have expectations, you usually have some hidden somewhere, and you only realize they were there when they aren’t met.

That’s me for today, or at least this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the 17th of May. But for any Norwegian, this particular date isn't like any other date in the year, it's the 4th of July of Norway. And this year I am actually here. However, some preparations had to be done to get ready for tomorrow. One was getting my national costume down from the loft. I got it a few days ago and tried it on. It's a wee bit tight, but I think it'll be fine. This evening I ironed (or rather started ironing) the blouse which is hand embroydered and made of linnen (so those of you who have a clue about fabrics, know that linnen is the opposite of no-crease material). And the second part of the preparation was polishing the silver. I tried the "foil-in-hot-water-with-salt" method, but I don't think it worked too well. I did a bit of polishing with toothpaste after that and it looks alright. At the end of the day I'm the only one who will notice the level of polishedness of my silver. I have also got my camera on charging re...

At a crossroads yet again.

This evening feelings of weariness flood my soul. Weary of not knowing. Weary of choosing to trust. Weary of waiting. Weary of walking yet not knowing what I am walking in or towards. Weary of figuring out life on my own. This past month the reality of crossroads in life has hit me yet again. I knew it was coming, but suddenly it was there and I just had to go with it. There’s not much more I can do...except waiting and trusting and choosing. Choosing to let God be the One who guides and fights and prepares the path before me. My crossroads is “do I stay or do I go”? From Kansas City and IHOP-KC. In October I’ll have been here two years, which feels like 5 years and at the same time 6 months. In December I go home for Christmas. It’ll have been a year since last time and I’ll be seeing my niece who’ll be 3 instead of 2 years old, and my little nephew who will be 1 year already, and I’ll get to meet little Julie who is only three weeks old as I write this. She’ll be 4 months when I meet...

On the move again...

As I walked wheeling the trolley containing two suitcases and a rucksack (belonging to my middle brother who has bought himself a new one) I felt tears stinging in my eyes and threatening to push their way out. I suddenly felt so very small and the airport so very big. I’d got off my 45 minute flight from Sola to Oslo, got my bags from the baggage claim (the airline I flew with lets you decide how many bags of luggage you want to take against a small fee, and so I was able to bring not one suitcase weighing 20 kilos, but a suitcase and a rucksack), bought my train ticket for the last leg of my journey, and was walking along in search of a cup of coffee and a waffle to kill the half hour till the train. Walking along I caught myself thinking about this new stage in life. I wondered why this move up to the YWAM base here in Norway seemed so huge, when moving to Brazil obviously was a bigger move, at least further away. And then it occurred to me that when I’d been travelling back and for...