Skip to main content

Less then a month to go...the beginning of the lasts.

Monday marked the 4 week point, 4 weeks till I get on the plane heading towards Norway. It’s very surreal. Last week was the first week of “lasts”. I had a few “last” meetings. It’s so strange to be in a meeting where most of what is discussed isn’t relevant practically coz I won’t be here. Surreal to feel so part and present, yet recognise that although I am part, I am not. I know there are going to be a lot more moments like that, and as I encounter those moments, I desire to find God’s heart in them. How can I make every situation and experience move me into discovering more of God’s heart? How can I use every opportunity to not just dwell on the fact that I’m leaving, but walk into what lies ahead with expectancy that it’s going to be exciting and good even if it’ll no longer be in Kansas City?

This past Tuesday I had my “last” prophecy team time. It was sad. So strange to go about “business as usual” yet know it was the last time with this team. They were so sweet; encouraging, blessing, praying, and prophesying over me. I felt so loved and privileged to have been entrusted such an awesome group of people to lead for a season and to see them grow in love for Jesus and love for others.

And so the journey of transition continues and I ask God to help me finish this race well and help me live fully, today. Every other day too, of course. But today I ask for today.

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the 17th of May. But for any Norwegian, this particular date isn't like any other date in the year, it's the 4th of July of Norway. And this year I am actually here. However, some preparations had to be done to get ready for tomorrow. One was getting my national costume down from the loft. I got it a few days ago and tried it on. It's a wee bit tight, but I think it'll be fine. This evening I ironed (or rather started ironing) the blouse which is hand embroydered and made of linnen (so those of you who have a clue about fabrics, know that linnen is the opposite of no-crease material). And the second part of the preparation was polishing the silver. I tried the "foil-in-hot-water-with-salt" method, but I don't think it worked too well. I did a bit of polishing with toothpaste after that and it looks alright. At the end of the day I'm the only one who will notice the level of polishedness of my silver. I have also got my camera on charging re...

At a crossroads yet again.

This evening feelings of weariness flood my soul. Weary of not knowing. Weary of choosing to trust. Weary of waiting. Weary of walking yet not knowing what I am walking in or towards. Weary of figuring out life on my own. This past month the reality of crossroads in life has hit me yet again. I knew it was coming, but suddenly it was there and I just had to go with it. There’s not much more I can do...except waiting and trusting and choosing. Choosing to let God be the One who guides and fights and prepares the path before me. My crossroads is “do I stay or do I go”? From Kansas City and IHOP-KC. In October I’ll have been here two years, which feels like 5 years and at the same time 6 months. In December I go home for Christmas. It’ll have been a year since last time and I’ll be seeing my niece who’ll be 3 instead of 2 years old, and my little nephew who will be 1 year already, and I’ll get to meet little Julie who is only three weeks old as I write this. She’ll be 4 months when I meet...

On the move again...

As I walked wheeling the trolley containing two suitcases and a rucksack (belonging to my middle brother who has bought himself a new one) I felt tears stinging in my eyes and threatening to push their way out. I suddenly felt so very small and the airport so very big. I’d got off my 45 minute flight from Sola to Oslo, got my bags from the baggage claim (the airline I flew with lets you decide how many bags of luggage you want to take against a small fee, and so I was able to bring not one suitcase weighing 20 kilos, but a suitcase and a rucksack), bought my train ticket for the last leg of my journey, and was walking along in search of a cup of coffee and a waffle to kill the half hour till the train. Walking along I caught myself thinking about this new stage in life. I wondered why this move up to the YWAM base here in Norway seemed so huge, when moving to Brazil obviously was a bigger move, at least further away. And then it occurred to me that when I’d been travelling back and for...