I'm sat here at Schipol airport. It's not even 6 am yet so it's needless to point out that I am a tad tired. Add to that the fact that I have tried to get into schedule focusing on the night, and that even knowing in my head that I need to get up at 4am, I find myself quite awake at 2am. I am thankful for my skinny, tall, non-fat latte from Starbucks this morning. It was worth standing in line for.
So here I am. On my way to switzerland for a wedding. Life has been so busy I haven't really had time to think a lot about it except for working out the practicalities. I think it's going to be good.
The sun is rising outside. It is beautiful. Writing this on my phone is a tad challenging, but the sense I have in this moment is such a reminder of the goodness of God and His peace in my life. He truly is who He says He is.
Tomorrow is the 17th of May. But for any Norwegian, this particular date isn't like any other date in the year, it's the 4th of July of Norway. And this year I am actually here. However, some preparations had to be done to get ready for tomorrow. One was getting my national costume down from the loft. I got it a few days ago and tried it on. It's a wee bit tight, but I think it'll be fine. This evening I ironed (or rather started ironing) the blouse which is hand embroydered and made of linnen (so those of you who have a clue about fabrics, know that linnen is the opposite of no-crease material). And the second part of the preparation was polishing the silver. I tried the "foil-in-hot-water-with-salt" method, but I don't think it worked too well. I did a bit of polishing with toothpaste after that and it looks alright. At the end of the day I'm the only one who will notice the level of polishedness of my silver. I have also got my camera on charging re...