Skip to main content

Another step along the way.

Sat here trying to get round to writing an update here on my blog…so many things have gone through my head that I would like to write down, but knowing how to is the challenge…

I had a lovely time in England. Again I was struck by how furtunate I am to have the privilege of knowing so many amazing people and be allowed to call them my friends. And again I left wishing I’d had more time to be able to visit and catch up with those I didn’t have the opportunity to see.

Writing this I am in my brother’s flat in Oslo…it looks very new and modern (to my untrained eyes) but it was acutally built in 1939 (no doubt probably quite a bit of redecorating has been done since then. I’m in Oslo because I had my visa interview today. And it went really well. Surprisingly well. I wasn’t worried or nervous before it and I had no reason to be either. Everyone was very friendly and kind and I should be getting my passport and visa back to me in a week’s time. It’s a bit unreal- I can’t believe I am another step closer to going back to Kansas City. In a month’s time I should be there.

I was reflecting on how perfect God’s timing is and how when we trust in Him He truly does prepare things in advance for us. When I go back to the USA it’ll be almost exactly one year since I went over for the first time. Little did I know that that initial trip was the start of a journey of actually moving there for a season.
And so my journey continues. One step closer. One step forward into the fullness of what God has for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the 17th of May. But for any Norwegian, this particular date isn't like any other date in the year, it's the 4th of July of Norway. And this year I am actually here. However, some preparations had to be done to get ready for tomorrow. One was getting my national costume down from the loft. I got it a few days ago and tried it on. It's a wee bit tight, but I think it'll be fine. This evening I ironed (or rather started ironing) the blouse which is hand embroydered and made of linnen (so those of you who have a clue about fabrics, know that linnen is the opposite of no-crease material). And the second part of the preparation was polishing the silver. I tried the "foil-in-hot-water-with-salt" method, but I don't think it worked too well. I did a bit of polishing with toothpaste after that and it looks alright. At the end of the day I'm the only one who will notice the level of polishedness of my silver. I have also got my camera on charging re...

At a crossroads yet again.

This evening feelings of weariness flood my soul. Weary of not knowing. Weary of choosing to trust. Weary of waiting. Weary of walking yet not knowing what I am walking in or towards. Weary of figuring out life on my own. This past month the reality of crossroads in life has hit me yet again. I knew it was coming, but suddenly it was there and I just had to go with it. There’s not much more I can do...except waiting and trusting and choosing. Choosing to let God be the One who guides and fights and prepares the path before me. My crossroads is “do I stay or do I go”? From Kansas City and IHOP-KC. In October I’ll have been here two years, which feels like 5 years and at the same time 6 months. In December I go home for Christmas. It’ll have been a year since last time and I’ll be seeing my niece who’ll be 3 instead of 2 years old, and my little nephew who will be 1 year already, and I’ll get to meet little Julie who is only three weeks old as I write this. She’ll be 4 months when I meet...

On the move again...

As I walked wheeling the trolley containing two suitcases and a rucksack (belonging to my middle brother who has bought himself a new one) I felt tears stinging in my eyes and threatening to push their way out. I suddenly felt so very small and the airport so very big. I’d got off my 45 minute flight from Sola to Oslo, got my bags from the baggage claim (the airline I flew with lets you decide how many bags of luggage you want to take against a small fee, and so I was able to bring not one suitcase weighing 20 kilos, but a suitcase and a rucksack), bought my train ticket for the last leg of my journey, and was walking along in search of a cup of coffee and a waffle to kill the half hour till the train. Walking along I caught myself thinking about this new stage in life. I wondered why this move up to the YWAM base here in Norway seemed so huge, when moving to Brazil obviously was a bigger move, at least further away. And then it occurred to me that when I’d been travelling back and for...