Skip to main content

Grandmothers, Grimerud, and Going to Amsterdam.

“Jehova Rapha, this is your name. Yesterday, today, forever the same. Your heart is to heal, your heart is to heal.” This was one of the choruses sung last night in the prayer room here at Grimerud House of Prayer that is part of the YWAM base here in Norway. I’m here for 10 days this time round. A week of sitting in on teaching with Ina Stein, and then I get to share a bit of my journey with prayer and the prophetic next week. It’s nice to be back here. And nice to connect again with the faithful ones who are keeping the 24/7 prayer going. The teaching this week has been excellent, and needs processing. It’s all about returning to a focus upward and not horizontally, and of attaining the fullness of salvation and the presence of God and living from a place of rest (short, unprocessed summary).

I finally did get my act together and prepared what was to be a 30 minute presentation about the work I did in Brazil to a group for the elderly in one of the local churches in my town. When I got going sharing I got so passionate I went about 20 minutes over the allotted time. But it went well. And even after having been back for over 3 years, I still feel such a passion for the kids and the families I once worked so closely with. I did share about the grandmothers to the grandmothers. The response was really lovely. And I hope that the stories I told don’t just remain nice stories, but that they’ll remember to pray for those I told them about.

I nipped across to England a week or so ago...if you can call it “nipping”. It was lovely to spend some days connecting with friends in the London area and also squeezing in a visit to the London House of Prayer which is in a Brazilian district of London. I had Brazilian food (guaraná, pão de queijo, rice and beans), not the best I’ve ever had, but it did the trick! Saudades do Brasil.

The house of prayer in London is mainly run by Brazilians which is cool. It has a lovely atmosphere. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to be there for any live sets, but it was nice to just sit in it and know that this too is a place for God to dwell.

So now I’m at Grimerud. Going to lead some prayer for the ending of human trafficking. I feel like I know so little, yet I can share of what I do know, and hopefully inspire others to want to know the heart of God for this issue. Next week I’m sharing with the prayer team some of my journey... I think I’ll be teaching a bit on the prophetic maybe. Mainly it’ll be about just being with them and hopefully inspiring them in their journeys by telling about my journey and things I’ve picked up along the way too. It’s good. It’s always good to have an opportunity to share of what God has deposited, it’s almost like it becomes even more a part of you when you share it...in a strange sort of way.

It’s good to be alive. And it’s good to be on this journey with Jesus. February 17th I head to Amsterdam to step into yet another chapter as I do a six week course. How long I’ll be in that location I don’t know yet. But I am excited to learn more about Human Trafficking, to be able to pray with deeper knowledge and inform others with greater depth and accuracy, that they might also want to join in the battle to end it. And I’m excited to experience Amsterdam and the Tabernacle of the Nations (the house of prayer in Amsterdam).

So here I’m sat in my room at Grimerud, about to skype with a friend in Kansas City and listening to the prayer room on the webstream. Right now it’s the 8pm intercession set from yesterday...seems appropriate to join in with intercession over human trafficking since I’m to inspire others to join in with that battle tomorrow...

Popular posts from this blog

Finding pockets of life (and a bubble-tea metaphor).

“Where can I find life?” has been a question I have asked myself a lot recently (but really for years). And really the deeper question is: “What is life, and what does it look like?” I guess the simple answer is whatever makes you feel alive on the inside; that brings a smile to your face; and that gives you energy and increases your capacity. There are so many side-effects of burn-out; or maybe they are rather causes of burn-out, which when combined become a huge mountain that can topple even the strongest of people. But once you have been depleted of your capacity to stand in the face of the challenges around you, one of the things that can help increase your energy and capacity is finding pockets of life. (And of course a lot of other things like rest, exercise, patience when the process is slow, setting boundaries etc. but that’s for another blogpost). The past months I’ve been watching and searching and paying attention. Searching for choices that will bring life, and paying att

There was a before and there will be an after.

“Do you really think it will go over?” A question posed as I was chatting to someone over coffee this week (with distance of course). My immediate response was that yes, I really do think it will go over, but I don’t know when or what it will look like. I don’t know when we’ll be back to “normal.” But to be honest, I am not sure I really want things to go back to being as they were before ... The past seven weeks have been so very different. Social distancing, staying one meter away from others, having permanently dry hands from antibac and washing hands a lot, and having to limit most interaction with others to a screen, have become part of everyday life. And of course the distance and isolating part of this “normal” I have no desire of seeing become part of the after . But at the same time I see good growing in this time of crisis; good that I do want to bring into the after , and what will become my normal when this crisis comes to an end. Time. Whether we like it or not, o

Small moments that mean a lot

Walking home on the crunchy snow that lights up a December evening,  I felt so thankful. The revelation that fellowship and being together is the best gift you can give someone, and realising that although it might seem small, it can turn into something big when a person feels seen and valued.  Yesterday I helped out with a crafts workshop for a group of lovely women volunteering for Crux where I worked before (well, in all honesty: they were making angels while I ate Christmas cookies, Quality Street chocolate, and chatted). I love walking alongside people in conversation, and realise sharing life for 2 hours can last so much longer in value and experience.  This evening we had our Christmas dinner for volunteers and people who are part of my current job. It was a delightful evening with many nations gathered around the same table…. eating the same food… and for a few hours creating a small fellowship moment that will become a good memory for the future. Often in my job the focus is o